How to Start a Youth Ministry from Scratch
You want to start a youth ministry at your church (or perhaps you’ve been kindly asked by your minister)? That’s great! Youth ministry is an important ministry but where do you start?
The good news is, we are finding that when churches have intentional leaders who start up new youth ministries in NZ, we are seeing really high success rates in getting the ministries off the ground.
There is no cookie-cutter pattern to starting a youth group. There are a lot of variables that come into play. Firstly have a look at these articles. You will find some inspiration here.
- XM2Y’s document How to start a youth ministry from scratch.
- Fuller youths institutes: 10 Tips for Starting a Sticky Faith Youth Ministry from Scratch
- Resourced’s How to start a youth group
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Darwin’s Start a Youth Group
- Engaging the Show’s 9 Priorities in Starting a youth Ministry (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part3)
You are not on your own, and it is good to talk and strategise with others before you start. So speak to your minister and folk in your congregation.