Youth Week 2016 grants fund events that celebrate the contribution young New Zealanders make to their communities with the support of the Ministry of Youth Development and celebrate ‘Aroha Atu, Aroha Mai – Giving Back is Giving Forward’.
Youth Week grants aim to:
- Support young people’s participation in the planning and delivery of Youth Week events in their communities.
- Promote and celebrate positive images of young people; showcasing their talents, achievements, creativity and contributions to the community.
- Create spaces for young people to share their thoughts and ideas with other members of the community.
Youth Week events must:
- Fit with the Youth Week theme: ‘Aroha Atu, Aroha Mai’ ‘Giving Back is Giving Forward’. Find out more about the theme and key messages
- Use a positive youth development approach to design, develop, deliver and evaluate the Youth Week event.
- Ensure youth participation is a key feature of the event from its inception to closing.
- Positively promote young people by showcasing their talents, achievements and contributions to the community.
- The grant is for an event that runs during Youth Week 2016, 21-29 May 2016.
- Grants are limited to between $350-1000.
- Only a very small proportion (less than 10% or $50) of the entire grant is able to be used for prizes.
- All successful recipients must share photos and details of their event on our website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (providing that permission has been obtained from the people featured in the photos).
Applications open from 16 December 2015 until 21 February 2016. A panel of young people will review applications and allocate the funds.