The Christian Conference of Asia (CCA) invites applications from young people between the ages of 22-29 to serve as interns at the CCA headquarters in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Opportunities will be given to four young persons who are committed to the ideals of ecumenism. The internship in CCA will be an opportunity to search for a renewed vocation for young Christians as well as to share their valuable experiences during the year long stay in a new atmosphere in Chiang Mai and work with CCA at its headquarters in a multicultural and international setting.
The candidates will be selected from among the applicants sponsored and recommended by member churches/councils of CCA. The interns are expected to bring positive energy, commitment and fresh vision to a specific work assignment in CCA during his/her internship. The selected interns are assigned a task within one of the program areas within CCA. The four interns who will be selected for 2017 internships are expected to work in the following areas:
- International Affairs, Peace Building, Human Rights and Advocacy
- Mission, Unity, Contextual Theology and Ecumenical Formation
- Communications, Programme Planning
- Church and Ecumenical Relations; General Secretariat
The selected interns will carry out their tasks in co-operation with a program staff, and each intern will be supervised by a senior staff.
Interested candidates should submit completed applications together with a short Curriculum Vitae, a copy of a letter of recommendation from their member church/ecumenical organization, and a statement about the applicant’s motivation to work as an intern with CCA for one year.
Download details about the Internship and Application
- Short Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 2 pages) describing both educational/professional experiences and ecumenical/church involvement.
- Copy of a letter of recommendation from member church/ecumenical organisation
- A letter stating the applicant’s motivation to work as an intern with CCA for one year.
To receive a letter of recommendation from PCANZ please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is 20 October 2016.