Napier-North Presbyterian Church, (Ahuriri-Putorino Parish)
We are looking for a part-time youth worker to assist with and help develop our ministry to children and teenagers.
Youth mentoring. Currently, we have 3 high school aged boys associated with the church. The youth mentor will spend time with these boys, doing varied activities, but more importantly building trustful relationships in which they are able to explore faith.
K’nect @ Knox: We have a family-focused outreach on the first Sunday of the month, held in the Church hall. The service aims to be accessible to those with limited experience of Church or Christianity. The youth mentor will be a key member of the small team which is responsible for planning and running the K’nect services.
Sunday morning programme: We have a small but active kid’s church on Sunday mornings running within and alongside our morning service. Our youth worker may be involved in assisting with this programme. He/she will be expected to be at Sunday morning worship.
Visiting: spending time outside of the formal programme
Skills: the person we are looking for will have:
- an evangelical understanding of the Christian faith, and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, being nurtured by personal Bible study and prayer;
- Experience working with young people in a church setting.
- initiative and the ability to work independently, but also to be accountable and willing to serve as a member of a team; and
- a commitment to becoming an active member of our Church.
- Preferably a Full drivers licence.
For more information contact Maurice & Kay Craig (Pastors), phone: (06) 835 8778,