Presbytery Central is seeking four Regional Youth Ministry Facilitators for its new look Youth Ministry Team.
The positions are part-time, one based in Wellington, one in Whanganui / Manawatu, one in Taranaki and one in the Hawkes Bay/Gisborne region. The successful applicants will be part of a team of Regional Youth Ministry Facilitators charged with creating and developing an environment where youth leaders in the Presbytery are nurtured, supported and assisted to build healthy youth ministries, which offer young people the opportunity to grow their faith in God. Part of the role is also to encourage and assist the development of new youth ministries in the Presbytery.
The applicant will already have:
- An awareness of, and be committed to the mission of Presbyterian and Uniting churches.
- A strong background in Christian youth work.
- A facilitative style of leadership.
- A community builder and a team player.
- Good organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to self-start and show initiative.
These are roles that require some travel and a passion to see youth ministry flourish in Presbytery Central.
Applications close: 15 November 2017
For a complete job description and application form please contact the Presbytery Office.