Beginning February/March 2018
Working with youth from year 7 to 13, growing the youth
ministry at John Knox Presbyterian Church in Rangiora.
20 hours per week (with a potential 10 hours per week
with 24-7 YouthWork in Rangiora High.)
Contact Jason King for an application pack
027 452 7546
Applications close 9th February 2018
Overview: That John Knox Presbyterian Church in Rangiora will be a welcoming and nurturing place for young people to develop to their full potential, including their spiritual and personal formation in Christ and His Church
About John Knox Presbyterian: JKP is a friendly church that welcomes all ages. We have about 150 households under our pastoral care with an active partnership with Presbyterian Support, whose facilities occupy the same site. Our Sunday Worship service is a blend of the traditional and contemporary. Our Friday Evening service, (T.G.I.F.) has a youth bias with a community meal beforehand. Our youth (2:42 for year 9-13 and Cornerstone for year 7-8) meet together after the service with a mixture of socials, activities and a devotional input.
The Opportunity: is to work with youth as well as to develop, lead and mentor a team of volunteer youth leaders to create a Christ centred ministry at John Knox. A ministry in which:
– youth grow in their faith with Christ,
– grow in their relationship as a faith community,
– and grow in their capacity to serve and transform their community.
HOURS: 20 hours per week (This is 20 hours specifically in the context of John Knox Presbyterian with the potential of 10 hours working through 24-7 YouthWork at Rangiora High.)
The Role Includes:
• Leading and running Youth programmes on Friday evening and events throughout the term.
• Pastorally caring for youth at JKP, mentoring and developing the Christian potential in each
young person at JKP.
• Being part of a team responsible for the T.G.I.F. service on Friday Evenings.
• Connecting the youth into the wider church family at JKP
• Connecting the youth into the wider community with specific attention into Rangiora High
through 24-7 YouthWork.
What you bring to the role:
• A passion for Youth and proven experience in youth ministry.
• A strong desire to see the God-given potential of every young person lived out to the max.
• A strong faith and commitment to God’s Church.
• A hunger to see the church reach out into the schools and wider community
• You must have a sense of fun and live out an active faith with a positive outlook on life.
For more information contact Jason King (email@example.com or 027 452 7546) for a full Job Description or if you just have questions. Alternatively, you can check out our website or facebook pages for more information about JKP. (johnknoxrangiora.vpweb.co.nz)
To be eligible to apply, you must hold NZ Residency and have a full, clean NZ drivers’ licence. As a condition of your appointment, you must successfully complete NZ Police vetting.
If you intend to apply, send a cover letter with your resume to Jason King by 9th February 2018 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 32 Kingsbury Ave
(Please provide at least 2 referees we can contact.)