Full-Time Youth Pastor, St.John’s in the City, Wellington
St John’s in the City Presbyterian Church has been a place of worship in the heart of the Wellington since the 1850’s.
St John’s Mission Statement
Worship • Grow • Live • Share
God gathers us to worship and grow our faith so we can live and share Christ’s hope for our world.
We are looking for an experienced Youth Pastor to join our ministerial team. Prime functions will include:
- Overseeing a youth ministry that fosters personal faith development.
- Fully participating in the Ministry team, working with the ministers, pastoral care coordinator and the children and family workers to develop and deliver an integrated approach to ministry.
- Enabling congregational participation in youth ministry.
- Mentoring and coordinating the St John’s volunteer leaders who help to deliver our youth programmes.
- Communicating with youth and their families on a regular basis.
- Coordinating responsive crisis care – one-on-one pastoral care with youth.
- Helping youth to integrate into the life of St John’s, such as through worship services and small groups.
- Inspiring God’s mission to youth within and beyond St John’s in the City.
We will also consider this as a part-time role.
Applications close: 15 Nov 2019
For a complete job description, further information or to apply, please contact Rob Anderson email@example.com