The Internship Programme of CCA is a year-long ecumenical leadership development training programme to identify, recognise and mould prospective ecumenical leaders in Asia. It aims to provide opportunities for young Asian Christians to develop their leadership skills and strong ecumenical commitment as well as to offer them chances to share their valuable experiences with CCA constituencies.
Applications are invited from young people between the ages of 22-29 to serve as interns at CCA headquarters in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Four young ecumenists, who are committed to the ideals of the ecumenical movement, will be selected from among the applicants sponsored and recommended by CCA member churches / councils. The interns are expected to bring positive energy, commitment and fresh vision to a specific programme area in CCA during the internship.
Selected candidates will be assigned to work with one of the four specific areas during the year-long internship starting from 1 July, 2019 to 30 June, 2020.
The areas of work are:
- International Affairs, Peace Building, Human Rights and Advocacy
A candidate who would like to work in this area should have strong interests in geo-political issues, peace-building, human rights, advocacy including U.N; Bachelor’s / Postgraduate Degree is required.
The intern assigned to work in this area will be part of the communication team. Candidates intending to work with CCA Communications should possess excellent communication skills in English; ability to prepare News Releases, maintain social media pages; interests in content writing and developing editing skills; computer skills with knowledge in web-editing, social media, updating of website contents and managing database are part of the specific responsibilities.
- Mission, Unity, Contextual Theology and Ecumenical Formation
Those who have strong interests in mission and evangelism, theology, and ecumenical formation and leadership development can apply for internship in this programme area. Theological education / background, understanding and familiarity with church unity, ecumenical movement, missiological issues, youth concerns and networks are important factors to work in this programme area.
- General Assembly Coordination
An intern selected to work in the area of CCA’s General Assembly Coordination Office is expected to work with other staff in the planning and coordination of the 15th General Assembly of CCA which will be held in 2020. Specific requirements: strong organisational skills, knowledge about CCA’s constituencies, ability to undertake correspondences independently.
The selected interns will carry out their tasks under the supervision of a senior programme staff.
General Qualifications / requirements for interns:
- A university graduate between 22 to 29 years of age.
- Strong links to respective local churches and involvement in ecumenical movement at the national/regional/sub-regional level.
- Should be able to work flexibly in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to develop capacity and handle programmatic / administrative tasks.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English; computer skills.
CCA will be responsible for covering the following expenses
- Accommodation in a one bedroom independent apartment;
- A reasonable living allowance to cover expenses for food and other personal needs;
- Economy class air ticket to Chiang Mai, Thailand and return;
- Expenses related to Thailand visa and work permit;
- Medical insurance during the stay in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following documents by 3 May 2019:
- Short Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 2 pages) describing both educational / professional experience and ecumenical/church involvement
- Statement by the applicant expressing desire and motivation to work as an intern with CCA for one year.