Start and Grow Your Ministry with East Taieri Church
East Taieri Church (Mosgiel, Fairfield and Brighton in the Dunedin area) is seeking a passionate, energetic Christian disciple to join its fun and focused ministry leadership team.
East Taieri Church is a large and vibrant Presbyterian church, which actively engages with its surrounding communities in God’s mission. At East Taieri we are passionate about seeing lives transformed through the saving power of Jesus Christ. We seek to provide a place where people of all ages and stages can encounter the living God. Each Sunday we offer four great worship services across three locations, which range in style from contemporary to traditional. We also support a wide array of ministries, which aim to help Christians live out their faith in their everyday lives.
About the role and where you fit in:
This full-time role will have particular responsibility for and a focus on:
- Preaching, service leading and equipping the body of Christ
- Building and supporting teams
- Pastoral care and discipleship
- Leadership support for our ministries which are engaging children and families
This role offers the opportunity to learn and grow under the guidance and mentorship of an experienced Senior Pastor and broader ministry leadership team whilst also being able to take the lead in areas of responsibility and try new approaches in the implementation of the vision and strategy of East Taieri Church.
The Associate Pastor position is ideally suited to someone starting out in ministry, although someone experienced in ministry with families may well feel called to apply.
Some of the personal qualities and gifts we are ideally seeking include:
- Leadership ability – able to motivate and supervise staff and volunteers
- Preaching/Teaching gift – able to teach and equip people to carry out pastoral care and discipleship
- Pastoral gifts and listening ability.
- Apostolic gift – able to take risks to start new ventures.
- Self-starter who is able to manage own time and priorities and organize and manage projects.
It is expected that applicants will already have a degree level theological/ministry training qualification, although ongoing professional and personal development is also part of our team culture.
For a position description and to apply:
We have a great team of people at East Taieri Church and invite you to consider whether God may be calling you to join us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Applications close at 5pm, on 25th November 2020. www.etchurch.co.nz