Epic Ministries is looking for a passionate, hands-on Youth Worker.
Epic Ministries is a well-established Youth Development Organization that serves the community of Central Hawkes Bay. It has a strong missional focus that supports the development of youth practitioners while modelling the Christian kaupapa that underpins it. Our vision is to see a generation of young people empowered to reach their maximum potential; physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually so they can be contributors to a healthy community.
Epic Youth Workers have developed initiatives across: in school, after school and camps as a framework to engage and develop young people. Connections established with the local community, Police and District Council serve as the platform for youth development focusing on good practice around authentic relationships using a strengths-based approach.
We’re looking for an experienced Youth Worker who is willing to be part of and invest into our team culture.
As an Epic Youth Worker, you will:
- work with our team across a range of programs and initiatives
- help with the development of young leaders and mentors
- work with individual youth to help strengthen their story
- facilitate a range of outdoor experiences and activities
Skills and Experience required:
- five or more years youth work experience
- experience leading a range of outdoor activities
- willingness to engage and develop relationships with youth, families and the community
- the ability to manage Health and Safety practices
- a full Drivers License
- a strong personal alignment with the mission, vision and values of Epic Ministries
- a heart to see youth empowered
- resilience and grounding in healthy spiritual practices
- energy, adaptability and a practical approach
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand and must undergo the Police Vetting process
Please email your CV and covering letter to Jackie.email@example.com