There are 14 posts published under Jobs.
Youth Pastor (Full time or Part Time)
St Alban’s Presbyterian Church is a larger church which is committed to being Bible-based
and Holy Spirit led. The youth pastor has oversight of intermediate, high school and young
adult programmes. We are seeking a person who has:
- a real and growing relationship with Jesus and able to articulate what that means.
- experience in youth ministry.
- a passion to train and equip leaders.
- a willingness to seek others’ input and a team approach to leadership.
- good communication skills, in an upfront teaching role and in personal situations.
- an evangelical theology and an openness to the Holy Spirit.
The position will be at least 35 hours per week. If this sounds like you then please contact
Rev Steve Jourdain ( Jourdain@xtra.co.nz or 027 2925 421) before July 27th.
Presbytery Central is seeking a Regional Youth Ministry Enabler for the Taranaki Region
The position is part-time (8 flexihours per week), and the applicant would need to be based in the Taranaki region. The successful applicant will be part of a team of Regional Youth Ministry Facilitators charged with creating and developing an environment where youth leaders in the Presbytery are nurtured, supported and assisted to build healthy youth ministries, which offer young people the opportunity to grow their faith in God. Part of the role is also to encourage and assist the development of new youth ministries in the Presbytery.
The applicant will already have:
- An awareness of, and be committed to the mission of Presbyterian and Uniting churches.
- A strong background in Christian youth work.
- A facilitative style of leadership.
- A community builder and a team player.
- Good organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
. An ability to self-start and show initiative.
The role requires some travel and a passion to see youth ministry flourish in Presbytery Central.
Applications close: 15 May 2018
For a complete job description and application form please contact the Presbytery Office.
First Presbyterian Church is a dynamic, evangelical church in Papakura, South Auckland with a calling to train, equip and send.
Our church serves in a diverse multi-cultural community with a range of needs, challenges and strengths.
We are seeking to employ a fulltime pastor, called by God to youth, to enhance and build on our current ministry to the young people of First Church and Papakura.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to fulfilling the mission of FPC which is – ‘to follow Jesus’. The mission of the youth ministry is to attract young people to Christ, develop young people as life-long disciples of Jesus and to provide opportunities for young people to serve Christ, within the context of the whole church ministry.
For a church profile and job description, please email email@example.com.
The closing date to apply is 11 May 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
At.Pauls Opunake is offering a 3 month internship for a Christian young adult over the age of 18.
Scripture Union NZ
Otago/Southland Youth Consultant
4 Days per week (subject to funding)
Scripture Union is a dynamic not for profit organisation with more than 130 years of history working in New Zealand. We work with churches to create opportunities for young people to discover and follow Jesus, and grow in their faith and influence their world. We are looking for an experienced youth worker, who is passionate about supporting youth work in New Zealand churches and growing and developing young leaders. We need someone who is a gifted communicator and a great listener. You need to be passionate about camping, scripture engagement, and equipping young people to live out their faith on a daily basis. You will provide support and training to Youth Pastors and youth leaders, and you will work with young people in different environments from youth group to adventure camping. The role does require quite a bit of travel, but a work car is provided. If you have a passion to support what God is doing with youth in the churches in Otago and Southland then contact Neville Bartley firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed job description. Applications close 23rd February 2018.
Beginning February/March 2018
Working with youth from year 7 to 13, growing the youth
ministry at John Knox Presbyterian Church in Rangiora.
20 hours per week (with a potential 10 hours per week
with 24-7 YouthWork in Rangiora High.)
Contact Jason King for an application pack
027 452 7546
Applications close 9th February 2018
Overview: That John Knox Presbyterian Church in Rangiora will be a welcoming and nurturing place for young people to develop to their full potential, including their spiritual and personal formation in Christ and His Church
About John Knox Presbyterian: JKP is a friendly church that welcomes all ages. We have about 150 households under our pastoral care with an active partnership with Presbyterian Support, whose facilities occupy the same site. Our Sunday Worship service is a blend of the traditional and contemporary. Our Friday Evening service, (T.G.I.F.) has a youth bias with a community meal beforehand. Our youth (2:42 for year 9-13 and Cornerstone for year 7-8) meet together after the service with a mixture of socials, activities and a devotional input.
The Opportunity: is to work with youth as well as to develop, lead and mentor a team of volunteer youth leaders to create a Christ centred ministry at John Knox. A ministry in which:
– youth grow in their faith with Christ,
– grow in their relationship as a faith community,
– and grow in their capacity to serve and transform their community.
HOURS: 20 hours per week (This is 20 hours specifically in the context of John Knox Presbyterian with the potential of 10 hours working through 24-7 YouthWork at Rangiora High.)
The Role Includes:
• Leading and running Youth programmes on Friday evening and events throughout the term.
• Pastorally caring for youth at JKP, mentoring and developing the Christian potential in each
young person at JKP.
• Being part of a team responsible for the T.G.I.F. service on Friday Evenings.
• Connecting the youth into the wider church family at JKP
• Connecting the youth into the wider community with specific attention into Rangiora High
through 24-7 YouthWork.
What you bring to the role:
• A passion for Youth and proven experience in youth ministry.
• A strong desire to see the God-given potential of every young person lived out to the max.
• A strong faith and commitment to God’s Church.
• A hunger to see the church reach out into the schools and wider community
• You must have a sense of fun and live out an active faith with a positive outlook on life.
For more information contact Jason King (email@example.com or 027 452 7546) for a full Job Description or if you just have questions. Alternatively, you can check out our website or facebook pages for more information about JKP. (johnknoxrangiora.vpweb.co.nz)
To be eligible to apply, you must hold NZ Residency and have a full, clean NZ drivers’ licence. As a condition of your appointment, you must successfully complete NZ Police vetting.
If you intend to apply, send a cover letter with your resume to Jason King by 9th February 2018 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 32 Kingsbury Ave
(Please provide at least 2 referees we can contact.)
Napier – North (Ahuriri Putorino PRESBYTERIAN Parish)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – CHILDREN AND YOUTH LEADER
Our Church is committed to growing our ministry to families and we are very focused on connecting with non-churched families. To help us do this we are seeking to employ a part time Children and Youth Leader.
Presbytery Central is seeking four Regional Youth Ministry Facilitators for its new look Youth Ministry Team.