There are 49 posts published under Promotion.
ONE GOD – ONE BODY ONE KINGDOM
28-30 APRIL 2016
Youth of the Nation is an annual Christian Youth Conference held in Wanganui, New Zealand. The theme for this years conference is ONE:
4 There is one body and one Spirit. You were appointed to one hope when you were chosen. 5 There is one Lord, one faith and one baptism. 6 There is one God and Father of all. He is over everything. He is through everything. He is in everything.
Youth of the Nation (YOTN) aims to encourage and empower Christian young people to pursue Jesus Christ with a zeal that will impact their generation.
Check out their website
Young people who experience moderate and severe mental illness often experience isolation and rejection from their peers and at home. A new project will help young people develop creative projects to end mental illness discrimination in NZ.
Recent research has found that many young people had experienced name-calling, belittling attitudes and had felt excluded by friends and family because they had experienced mental illness
Kenda Creasy Dean NZ
Kenda will be teaching the main part of the Adolescent Development And Spirituality course at Carey Baptist College this year. She will be teaching the block component over the 4 days Monday, 30 May to Thursday 2 June at Carey’s Auckland campus. She will be teaching in particular the material around spirituality and faith formation in adolescents.
Youth Week 2016 grants fund events that celebrate the contribution young New Zealanders make to their communities with the support of the Ministry of Youth Development and celebrate ‘Aroha Atu, Aroha Mai – Giving Back is Giving Forward’.
Youth Week grants aim to:
- Support young people’s participation in the planning and delivery of Youth Week events in their communities.
- Promote and celebrate positive images of young people; showcasing their talents, achievements, creativity and contributions to the community.
- Create spaces for young people to share their thoughts and ideas with other members of the community.
Youth Week events must:
- Fit with the Youth Week theme: ‘Aroha Atu, Aroha Mai’ ‘Giving Back is Giving Forward’. Find out more about the theme and key messages
- Use a positive youth development approach to design, develop, deliver and evaluate the Youth Week event.
- Ensure youth participation is a key feature of the event from its inception to closing.
- Positively promote young people by showcasing their talents, achievements and contributions to the community.
- The grant is for an event that runs during Youth Week 2016, 21-29 May 2016.
- Grants are limited to between $350-1000.
- Only a very small proportion (less than 10% or $50) of the entire grant is able to be used for prizes.
- All successful recipients must share photos and details of their event on our website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (providing that permission has been obtained from the people featured in the photos).
Applications open from 16 December 2015 until 21 February 2016. A panel of young people will review applications and allocate the funds.
On 8 January 2016, world renowned eco-theologian Professor Celia Deane- Drummond, of the University of Notre Dame USA, will present at the Ecology and Hope conference at Carey Baptist College, Auckland http://carey.ac.nz/events/ecology-and-hope/ offering theological and ethical reflection on conservation. The conference is co-sponsored by Arocha NZ, Sisters of Mercy and Caritas.
The Presbyterian Church is looking for 10 young adults (under 30) to attend on behalf of the Church. The Church will pay the $75 registration, provide lunch, and in return, you will interviewed by a SPANZ journalist who will be writing an article about Caring for Creation. If you care about Ecology, tell us in two sentences why you want to attend before this Friday (4 Dec) at noon. (email@example.com)
Here are some of our favourite things happening this summer.
Feel the warm summer breeze! revel in the spectacular and beautiful Karaka Bay on Great Barrier Island! no need to cook or prepare meals! wonderful company in a Christian community” Then you can also experience! worship and inspiration from outstanding international and local ministers” Too good to be true?
Youth Ministry Wall Planner
The PYM 2016 youth ministry wall planners is now available to help you plan your 2016. This a great tool to help you plan your year, write in your events, and put it up in your office, youth room or church hall.
We are really interested to know what resources you are using to develop your young people from the ages of 10 years old all the way through to 30 years old. These may be resources that you have bought or ones that you have created yourself.