Players in circle attempt to throw the ball at the president while the bodyguard tries to block the shots..
The aim of the bodyguard is to protect the President by jumping in the way of the ball or “taking the hit”
- Soft Ball
How to Play Protect the President:
- Stand in a circle with your youth group.
- Pick someone to be the “Bodyguard” and someone to be the “President.”
- The president stands in the middle of circle and must not move.
- All players in circle attempt to throw the ball at the president, while the bodyguard tries to block the shots.
- When the president gets hit they are out and rejoin the circle. The bodyguard then becomes president and the person who hit the president becomes bodyguard.
- Then repeat.
Add an extra ball.
Make everyone into pairs (president & bodyguard) and time each pair to see who lasts the longest.
Soft balls are essential