Our ministry vitality depends on our leadership capacity. We need to create a strong culture of invitation, discernment and leadership development throughout the Church.
Emerge is a free two-year video-based leadership formation programme aimed at creating a culture of servant leadership in our young people (Year 11+), developing their character, competency and sense of calling.
This two-year course has six sessions per year (12 in total):
- Character and nature of God,
- Character of the Kingdom led leader
- What are my gifts, part 1: Discovering your personality
- Untangling the church, why is church important
- What are the lies we tell ourselves?
- Trusting God in life and leadership
- What are my gifts, part 2: Spiritual Gifts
- Working as a team/ team dynamics
- What is our life story?
- Building Authentic Community
- Self Care/Mental Health
- gain clarity about their gifts and skill sets
- gain understanding about their personal calling and have the opportunity to grow in that calling
- connect with potential mentoring figures in their specific calling where possible
- grow a deeper connection, sense of belonging and participation with their local church
The course is super easy to run and can be led by a volunteer youth leader in a church, done in partnership with other churches, or run as a regional or presbytery-wide training.
We would love you to pilot this new resource in 2021. Please contact your regional youth enabler, or Matt or Gordon in the PYM National Office for more information.