Community Lay Pastor
The Bucklands Beach Cooperating Parish is seeking to employ a Community Lay Pastor to lead our various initiatives in responding to the needs of our local multicultural and multigenerational community. The successful applicant will have many of the following attributes:
- A heart for the Parish and the Bucklands Beach community
- A strong desire to help the parish to achieve our goal of “Being the Gospel to all people”
- Great organizational skills, capable and willing to learn.
- Experience running events/ministries
- Ability to work with stakeholders within the congregation and wider community to identify ministry needs
- Experience completing Health and Safety documentation
- Experience working with budgets and planning
- Computer literate
- Great relational and pastoral skills
- Experience working with people of different ages, cultures and beliefs.
- Relevant qualifications or experience in intergenerational, early childhood, child or youth work within a Christian environment
The Community Lay Pastor will report to the Parish Minister and Parish Council. Initially the position is part time (20 hours per week) and is funded for one year with the strong possibility of the funding and position continuing. This is an opportunity to build a church community in a new and exciting way.
Applications and further information contact David Hall 09 533 1601 or email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 26th August 2022