Beginning the journey into youth ministry as a vocational calling is an exciting, rewarding, and challenging adventure. Our church desperately needs theologically trained, skilled, youth workers who are committed to professional development and who see their ministry in vocational terms. It is our hope and prayer that the PYM Internship will see a new wave and generation of such youth workers and ministers taking up positions of leadership in our church.
The PYM Internship offers fantastic support for anyone wanting to pursue a calling in ministry to young people through a Bachelor, Diploma or Certificate level training pathway. It is a collaboration between Presbyterian Youth Ministry (PYM), the Knox Centre for Ministry and Leadership (KCML), the local church, and a training provider. The PYM Internship combines formal academic ministry training through a recognised provider with an internship model of learning. Interns are placed in a local church, chosen in consultation with the intern, PYM and the local church where they learn.
Why be part of the PYM Internship?
Being part of the PYM internship programme will add tremendous value to your study. The PYM internship provides:
- A tried and tested internship structure that creates a sustainable learning environment and will potentially cover your study costs
- The opportunity to participate in a great learning community with fellow interns that includes regular skype discussions and opportunities to meet up for face to face interaction
- The opportunity for additional learning experiences that will enhance your theological and ministry skills and your understanding of the DNA the PCANZ
- Regular learning and internship support from PYM
- Course curriculum advice to ensure you select the most helpful courses and papers for your future
At the completion of your study you will also be award a church-based PCANZ award recognised by the Knox Centre of Ministry and Leadership.